- This event has passed.
VIRTUAL CONFERENCE – GI & LIVER COURSE Managing & Avoiding Complications
March 27 - March 28
Updating practicing physicians and other health professionals in both the diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal and liver diseases/conditions is essential to providing quality care leading to improved patient outcomes. The goal of this activity is to review current as well as emerging medical therapies and to outline the most effective ways to integrate this information into clinical practice.
Gastroenterologists, hepatologists, internists, primary care physicians, nurses, physician assistants,
medical trainees and students.
At the conclusion of the activity, participants should be able to
- Identify the different types of esophageal diverticulums and how to treat them.
- Discuss the long-term side effects of proton pump inhibitors and how to counsel patients on limiting the side effects and adverse events.
- Describe the indications and long-term efficacy of endoscopic and surgical fundoplication in patients with GERD.
- Describe how to prevent strictures and perforation when managing patients with eosinophilic esophagitis.
- Identify the surveillance for patients with gastric intestinal metaplasia and the different management methods.